Sunday 4 February 2007

What reflection can you make with this novel?

Through this novel, I once again started to reconsider and question myself about my faith toward God. Would I be able to jump right into a strange “uncivilized” region like the Sawi to spread Christianity? Miserably my behaviors to others do not correspond with my faith toward God. I call myself a Christian, but I don’t implement things that I truly value and believe. But as I read this book, I was astonished by Don Richardson choosing to be with the Sawi for several years. If I had a choice to decide how I would want to spend the rest of my life, I would absolutely choose to spend my life in a nice lodge beside a beautiful beach with my future husband rather than to live among the man-eaters. But the mission of Don Richardson made me to realize the goal of the Christians. In the Bible, Acts, there is a verse that describes what Christians should do, and it says that we should spread the God’s love all over the world. The book definitely helped my faith to grow stronger since it challenged me to rethink about my current statue of being the Christian.