Tuesday 6 February 2007

Choose a representative passage from this novel that holds particular significance to you. Type it in and comment on its significance.

It was an entirely new kind of question, one their ancestors presumably never had to face. For this reason there was nothing in Sawi legends which could guide this present generation in its approach to the Tuan question. They were on their own, and they felt themselves trembling under the responsibility of a decision which could dramatically affect their own destinies and the fate of their little ones. (Page 40)


Despite the fact that I’m a Christian, I also sometimes feel anxious and nervous whenever I have to make a decision. Although fearing the consequence of making “bad” decision is normal, we need to remember what God said in the Bible. He said that we should not worry because God has a special plan for each and every one of us, and He will guide us to the right path. Often times in my life, I tend to forget about the presence of God and get worried about my future. I worry about my future college and everything even though deep inside of my heart believes that God will be with me all the time. Wasn’t Jesus the one who halted the bleak storm by simply telling the wind to stop? He can control EVERYTHING in this universe, yet we humans with little faith try to live apart from Him and concern about our future lives. The students of the Christ in the Bible were worried about their lives when there was harsh storm even though Jesus Christ was with them. Thus we need to rely and believe in God that He will absolutely take our lives and be with us not only throughout this life on earth, but also throughout the eternal life in Heaven.